The EPS Group is a highly experienced and proven provider of water and wastewater treatment and pumping solutions. Our solutions range from the complex municipal and industrial projects to the single domestic units. Our clients range from homeowners to large multinational and municipal authorities.
We operate in Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe and currently export to over 30 different countries worldwide. We provide a service to the municipal, industrial, commercial, agricultural and domestic sectors.
Our flexible customer focus and innovative approach, coupled with our commitment to health and safety, quality and the environment, make us a trusted and reliable partner for all your water treatment and pumping related needs. EPS specialises in the design, build and operate (DBO) of infrastructure projects and we strive to deliver all projects on time, on budget and to a standard that our customers demand and expect.
1968: Kanturk Electrical and Farm Services Ltd, founded by Gerald Buckley in Kanturk, Co Cork.
1973: Electrical & Pump Services Ltd, founded through expansion in Mallow, Co Cork. Paddy Buckley, Tadhg Buckley and Betty O'Connor on board to support the development of the business.
Galway branch opened to support activities in the West of Ireland.
1975: Opening of Mountrath, Co Laois, branch to support activities and development of the business in the Midlands and Leinster regions.
1978: Liam Sheahan joined the business as Financial Director.
1981: EPS acquires the Lister Group's Water and Wastewater Division. Tom Ruddy joined the business as part of this acquisition. EPS becomes a significant player in the regional water and wastewater infrastructure sector.
1983: Significant key projects for EPS:
- Monaghan Lough Egish Regional Water Supply Scheme
- Portarlington Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Fermoy Wastewater Treatment Plant
1984: Opening of new Ballyhaunis branch.
1985: Ongoing development with key infrastructure projects:
- Central Kerry Regional Water Supply Scheme
- Midleton Sewage Scheme
- Drogheda Water Supply Scheme
- 1988: Acquisition of Aquapure, UK. Significant expansion into industrial wastewater treatment resulting in projects in England, Cyprus, Bahrain, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Scotland and Wales.
1990: EPS becomes a leading supplier and partner to Welsh Water.
1995: Implementation of first major National Development Plan in Ireland, resulting in significant investment in the Irish Water and Wastewater Sector.
- EPS to the forefront with key projects:
- Clonmel Main Drainage Scheme
- Clara Water Treatment Works
- Killybegs Water Treatment Works
- Newry Sludge Anaerobic Digestion Plant
- Camelshead UK Aeration Sludge Scraper Projects
- Magherafelt NI Sludge Anaerobic Digestion
- Templemore Regional Water Supply Scheme
1997: New distribution/warehouse/service/repair centre in Mallow, Co Cork.
1998: Dundalk Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Killarney Sewage Scheme - First ATAD sludge digestion plant in Ireland EPS successful against major international companies for this groundbreaking ATAD technology project
- Opening of new Distribution Centre at Mountrath, Co Laois
2000: Implementation of Renewed National Development Plan and EPS's next major endeavour in the formation of the first consortia for a DBO (design, build, operate) project for Cork City Wastewater Treatment Works.
- Other significant projects during this period include:-
- Atlantic Pond Sewage Pumping Station
- Ballinure Header Chamber Project
- Tralee UV Treatment Project
- Innismore/Aran Islands Water Scheme
- Belfast Odour Treatment Project
2001: Creation of EPS's operate division to support the national policy in design, build, operate of Water, Wastewater and Pumping schemes.
2002: Formation of EPS Bison:
- A strategic business unit to provide packaged treatment solutions supporting the Irish construction sector. EPS Bison established itself as a significant Irish player in this sector, providing solutions to in excess of 30,000 Irish homes.
2003: EPS secures Dundalk and Drogheda 20 year O&M contract.
- EPS acquires AH Cullen, a specialist water treatment company. OEM representative opportunities, including Culligan and Aquafine, form part of the acquisition.
2006: Cork Main Drainage, Ballinure and Atlantic Pond operate contract.
- Rollout of National Group Water Scheme DBO projects. EPS to the forefront in this initiative with significant DBO contract awards:
- West Cavan Group Water Schemes
- South West Cavan Group Water Schemes
- Clare Group Water Schemes
- South Leinster Group Water Schemes
- Midleton, Killeagh, Castlemartyr and Cloyne Wastewater O&M Schemes
- Sligo Wastewater Treatment Works - Design/Build
- Waterford Wastewater Treatment Works - Design/Build
During this period EPS experienced significant growth and development. EPS developed an experienced in-house resource in the Design, Build and Operate of water, wastewater and pumping solutions. This in-house resource and expertise further strengthened and enabled the ongoing development of the Group.
2007: EPS opens new 2000m² head office at Mallow to support the ongoing development of the business. This new facility incorporates the latest technology and communications technology supporting its design, project management and sales activities.
- This period also witnessed the formation of the new EPS R&D Centre and Export Support Division to enable the Group to further develop its growth activities in new technologies and in delivering its services, products and solutions into new export markets
- Extension of Distribution Centre at Mountrath, Co Laois
2008: EPS acquires Conder Environmental Solutions for expansion into the UK market.
- Opening of new offices, workshop, distribution centre and warehouse at Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo.
2010: Significant projects:
- Tullamore Town Waste Water Treatment Plant - DBO
- Kildare Town Wastewater Treatment Plant - DBO
- West Cork Bundled Sewage Schemes - DBO
- Anglian Water Phosphorous Reduction Framework
- Significant achievements:
- Approved Framework Contractor to Thames Water for AMP5
- Approved Framework Contractor to Wessex Water for AMP5
Find out more about our water treatment and pumping products.
Read about our vision of sustainability.