Vartry Water Supply Scheme
EPS was a subcontractor to Roadbridge on this project for Irish Water at the Vartry Water Supply Scheme in Co. Dublin.
Our scope focused on our mechanical & electrical and ICA capabilities with a contract cost of €4M.
This project began in January 2018 and ran until December 2018.
The Vartry Water Supply Scheme provides drinking water for 200,000 people.
EPS' scope on the project was:
- Electrical Distribution Building
- High Lift pumping station to pump 80 million L/day
- 4KM of 1200mm DI pipeline
- Summit Break Pressure Tank
- Callowhill Energy Recovery Building and break pressure tank
- Assisted the main contractor with PSCS and PSDP for construction.
Our contribution to the overall Vartry Water Supply Scheme project involved:
- Constructing a 4km pipeline to secure the transfer of treated water from Vartry to Callowhill pumping station.
- Replacing ageing pipes and fittings within the dam of the Vartry Reservoir.
This project is closely linked to the Stillorgan Reservoir Upgrade Project which will provide covered water storage in Stillorgan and associated pipeline modifications that will improve the protection of the water supply to the network.